Friday, April 20, 2012

Redemption Review

360 pages
Release date: September 2012

Guillaume: For five hundred years I've existed as a gargoyle. Perched atop an old Montreal church, I've watched idly as humanity wanders by. With the witch Marguerite gone, there is no one left to protect, nothing to care about. I never planned to feel again. But then a girl released me from my stone restraints, allowing me to return as a seventeen-year-old human boy. I must find out all I can about this girl's power . . . Aude: Getting attacked twice in as many days is strange in itself, but even stranger is the intriguing guy I keep running into. There's something so familiar about him, like a primal drum rhythm from my dreams. But spending time together only raises more question-about my heritage, a native Mohawk prophecy . . . and an unearthly magic threatening our city..

Review (ARC):
This book was definitely a different concept than I'm used to reading. I haven't thought much about gargoyles since I used to watch the tv show. A lot of this book was pretty slow but it picked up when it got closer to the end. Aude didn't really impress me as a character because she seemed too stubborn most of the time and afraid of change. I liked Guillaume even though he could be kind of a jerk at times. I liked the romance between them even though I felt that Aude seemed to protest a little bit too much when it came to Guillaume. The story itself was pretty interesting especially when the origins of gargoyles were explained. There was quite a bit of action when the novel progressed to the end. I am interested to see where the story goes if there is a next book. All in all this wasn't a terrible novel but it was a pretty decent one. Its worth a read and I would recommend it to anyone who likes supernatural novels with magic, witches, and gargoyles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment