Monday, January 16, 2012

Incarnate Review

384 pages
NEWSOUL
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.
NOSOUL
Even Ana’s own mother thinks she’s a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she’ll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are suspicious and afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?
HEART
Sam believes Ana’s new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana’s enemies—human and creature alike—, let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else’s life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all? 


Review (ARC):
This book is beautiful but also frustrating and it left me with too many questions at the end! I love Ana as a character when she's being strong but she has her moments of weakness and doubt due to her upbringing which gives her a more realistic personality. Ana is strong and more intelligent than she originally gives herself credit for. I think its strange how badly her mother treats her as if there is more behind it than the book reveals. I think that the thing I enjoyed most in this novel was the romance between Ana and Sam. I have to admit that Sam and Ana's romance seems to take up the majority of this book but their relationship actually grows like a normal relationship should. I loved that Sam is a caring person who doesn't look at Ana any differently for being new. The world created here is more of a utopian society than a dystopian and there are a lot of questions about it that aren't fully answered in this first novel. I'm really interested to see where the next novel goes in this series. I definitely recommend this to anyone who likes to read about utopian societies mixed with a bit of fantasy fiction.

2 comments:

  1. I just finished reading (and reviewing) this one and I really liked it- I like how you pointed out that Ana was a realistic, flawed character because I TOTALLY agree with you on that one! And I was also a big fan of the Ana & Sam relationship, just because of how it took time to develop and oh, the anticipation and build up was killer!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    Brenna from Esther's Ever After

    ReplyDelete