Thursday, February 16, 2012

Daughter of the Centaurs Review

362 pages
Malora knows what she was born to be: a horse wrangler and a hunter, just like her father. But when her people are massacred by batlike monsters called Leatherwings, Malora will need her horse skills just to survive. The last living human, Malora roams the wilderness at the head of a band of magnificent horses, relying only on her own wits, strength, and courage. When she is captured by a group of centaurs and taken to their city, Malora must decide whether the comforts of her new home and family are worth the parts of herself she must sacrifice to keep them.

Review:
After reading this novel I don't exactly hate it but I don't exactly love it either. This novel could have been a really good one, the concept and back story was interesting, however the story as a whole was just lacking. It took me a while to get through this book because the writing style just didn't connect with me at all. Malora seems to be a strong female character but she seems to back down a lot in situations that most strong heroines wouldn't accept. I felt like I didn't get too clear of a picture on how Malora felt about the centaurs and everything else going on around her. Close to the end of the novel, the story picks up and I am curious to see where the author will take Malora's story in the next novel. Other than that I wouldn't necessarily recommend this novel unless you're really bored and have absolutely nothing else to read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment