Thursday, January 5, 2012

Kings, Queens, Heroes, & Fools Review

500 pages
Join Hyden Hawk, and friends, on an adventurous quest, over land and sea, to find the Silver Skull of Zorellin. Fight with Mikahl, Ironspike, and fierce King Jarrek as they try to free the enslaved people of Wildermont from King Ra’Gren and his Dakaneese Overlords. Patrol the skies with Shaella, and her new black dragon, Vrot. With her father’s spell books, and the Priests of Kraw, she decides to aid King Ra’Gren, while scheming to free her lover, Gerard, from the hellish Nethers. 

Review:
Brilliant! That's the only way I can describe the second novel in the Wardstone Trilogy. Once again we are thrown into extreme action and adventure alongside the favorite characters of Hyden Hawk and Mikahl. A lot of new characters are introduced in this novel but M.R. Mathias has an awesome way of getting you to connect with them and see things through their eyes. While reading this book I was literally on the edge of my seat. So many things kept going right then wrong and it definitely kept me guessing until the end. As usual some of the deaths and injuries were pretty gruesome but I think the detail helps you to be more immersed in the novel. I really enjoyed this novel and I love the fact that the author comes to a satisfying conclusion but leaves a slight mystery at the end to continue in the next book. I am very excited to read the next novel and I definitely recommend that those who love fantasy novels read this one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment