Monday, October 24, 2011

Prized Review

368 pages
Striking out into the wasteland with nothing but her baby sister, a handful of supplies, and a rumor to guide her, sixteen-year-old midwife Gaia Stone survives only to be captured by the people of Sylum, a dystopian society where women rule the men who drastically outnumber them, and a kiss is a crime.  In order to see her sister again, Gaia must submit to their strict social code, but how can she deny her sense of justice, her curiosity, and everything in her heart that makes her whole?

Review (ARC):
Ok so I enjoyed this yet I was frustrated at the same time. I was extremely excited to read the continuation of Gaia's story and see where it took her. When Gaia finally reached Sylum with her sister everything seemed to turn upside down. The strict rules there definitely seemed to have a huge impact on Gaia's personality and mindset. I didn't like the fact that Gaia seemed to fall in "like" too often in this book. However, I applauded her choice in the end. I found it interesting that the women were able to rule the men so efficiently especially since they were outnumbered. This book was definitely a great addition to the series. The twists and turns lead to an ending you won;t forget. I recommend this to dystopian fiction lovers who have also read the first book in the series, Birthmarked.

0 comments:

Post a Comment