Friday, September 30, 2011

Eden Review

408 pages
Eve knew the stories of the Fall, of a time before she wandered into the colony of Eden, unable to recall anything but her name. She's seen the aftermath of the technology that infused human DNA with cybernetic matter, able to grow new organs and limbs, how it evolved out of control. The machine took over and the soul vanished. A world quickly losing its humanity isn't just a story to her though. At eighteen, this world is Eve's reality. In their Fallen world, love feels like a selfish luxury, but not understanding what it is makes it difficult to choose between West, who makes her feel alive but keeps too many secrets, and Avian, who has always been there for her, but is seven years her senior. The technology wants to spread and it won't stop until there is no new flesh to assimilate. With only two percent of the human population left, mankind is on the brink of extinction. While fighting to keep Eden alive, Eve will discover that being human is about what you will do for those you love, not what your insides may be made of. And even if it gets you killed, love is always what separates them from the Fallen.

Review:  
I bought this book a while ago and I've been meaning to read it for a while and I'm glad I finally did! Eve is an extremely strong character and the mystery behind how she got that way is an exciting one. I admire her as a character and the way she makes sacrifices for others without thinking of herself. I loved the back story and the world in which this novel was set. The concept of technology that was created for a good purpose instead turning into a bad one is interesting and different. We are able to see the struggle of those who haven't turned yet to survive and I think it adds a great dynamic to the book.  The only thing I could say I didn't like about this book was the way it ended and the guy she ended up with. I won't spoil it though. All in all I think this was a very enjoyable read and I definitely recommend it for those who are fans of dystopian novels.

0 comments:

Post a Comment