Thursday, August 25, 2011

Bloodlines Review

421 pages
When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning. 

Review: 
Another book in the Vampire Academy family! I must say I was excited to read the beginning of a new storyline within the series and this book did not disappoint. Seeing things from Sydney's point of view was definitely a different experience especially after being used to Rose's perspective. Sydney is not a big fighter and doesn't exhibit the ability to stand up directly to people. However, she does do what she believes to be right regardless of opinion. At first I wasn't a big fan of Sydney but as the book went on and I discovered more about her I found myself loving her as a character. Most of this book feels like one big mystery being unraveled and less action than I thought there would be. Sydney definitely develops as a character with the help of  some familiar faces from the earlier series. I really enjoyed this book (finished it in less than a day) and I can't wait until the next one comes out so I can devour that too. I recommend this to anyone who's a fan of the Vampire Academy series or who just enjoys a good vampire mystery book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment