Monday, June 20, 2011

The Throne of Fire Review

452 pages
Ever since the gods of Ancient Egypt were unleashed in the modern world, Carter Kane and his sister Sadie have been in trouble. As descendants of the House of Life, the Kanes have some powers at their command, but the devious gods haven't given them much time to master their skills at Brooklyn House, which has become a training ground for young magicians.
And now their most threatening enemy yet - the chaos snake Apophis - is rising. If they don't prevent him from breaking free in a few days' time, the world will come to an end. In other words, it's a typical week for the Kane family.

Review:

Ok usually I love Rick Riordan books but I have to admit this one didn't suck me in as the Percy Jackson series did. Maybe its the way in which the story is told by the different characters but I feel like the book started out a little bit slow and certain aspects of the books seemed drawn out and long. I was a little bit confused when the book started because I didn't know how they got to that point from the previous book. There seems to be gaps in the storytelling sometimes. However, it was still a great read.  I do love how the Egyptian myths come to play in the storytelling and there is definitely a lot of action and adventure in this book. I think Carter's obsession with Zia was a little strange but sweet at the same time. Sadie was sometimes annoying but when she embraced being a heroine she was wonderful. All in all this is worth reading, especially if you read the first book, but just to see how the story develops. I will definitely read the third one when it comes out just to see what happens next.

0 comments:

Post a Comment