Sunday, June 19, 2011

Inside Out Review

315 pages
I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? The only neck at risk is my own…until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution.

Review:
As far as dystopian novels go this is a good one. Trella does not disappoint as the heroine of this novel. She is the Queen of the Pipes and she explores and goes where no one else dares to go. This is of course a useful characteristic about her as the book goes on. The scrubs suffer so much in a controlling and overpopulated environment and they have such a negative view of the uppers even though they truthfully don't know much about them. As Trella gets to know the people she has had so many negative views about in the past she learns that there is more to everyone than meets the eye. This novel is about bringing different types of people to work together for the greater good. Its about tearing down boundaries and misconceptions. And of course its about action, adventure and a little romance. I definitely recommend this book to anyone interested in dystopian novels.

0 comments:

Post a Comment