Sunday, June 19, 2011

Outside In Review

326 pages

Me? A Leader? Okay, I did prove that there's more to Inside than we knew. That a whole world exists beyond this cube we live in. And finding that led to a major rebellion - between worker scrubs like me and the snobby uppers who rule our world. Make that ruled. Because of me, we're free. I thought that meant I was off the hook, and could go off on my own again - while still touching base with Riley, of course. He's the one upper I think I can trust. But then we learned that there's outside and then there is Outside. And something from Outside wants In.

Review: 
As the second book in this series I wasn't sure what else could go wrong. Everything seemed to end well in the last book and they were on course to a major change. However, Maria V. Snyder definitely cooked up something unexpected in this one. We see more action and a development of the romance between Trella and Riley. I have to say that this book did remain mostly a mystery to me while reading it because I wasn't sure who was creating the problems on Inside. I love how Trella always gets back on top after putting herself in danger to help others. I was a little disappointed with her reluctance to take control but also impressed with her ability to get everyone organized when there actually is danger. This book really gives a lot of insight to how societies can end up when changes are made and no clear leadership is taken. I really hope there is a next book because I'm curious to how certain things ended and why other certain things happened and I would like to see them finally land on another planet. I recommend this book again to those who like dystopian fiction but you should definitely read the first book before this one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment