Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Execution Review

288 pages
The whole world has become a prison, and Alfred Furnace is its master. Monsters rule the streets, beasts of pure fury that leave nothing but murder and madness in their wake. Those who do not die are turned, becoming slaves to Furnace's reign of cruelty. It is a war to end all wars, one that will leave the planet in ruins. I am a monster too. I am one of Alfred Furnace's children. And I am the only one who can stop him. I have to find a way to use my powers to destroy Furnace, but in doing so I risk becoming the very force that kills us all. I don't know if I am the executed or the executioner. I don't know who will die: me, Furnace or the entire human race. All I know is that one way or another, it all ends today.

Review:
A crazy and amazing ending to a great series! I have loved all 4 novels in this series so far and the 5th one was no exception. It was extremely bittersweet when this series came to an end for me. So many things happened to Alex since the first novel and its amazing to watch his transformation physically and mentally. I loved that everything was finally explained and all the mysteries were cleared up. Alfred Furnace is a total badass but there is a reason behind his madness. I loved the fact that I was not able to predict a moment of this book because the characters kept doing the unexpected. This novel is extremely gory and descriptive so it does not disappoint.I definitely recommend this novel to those who have read this whole series. It is an extremely worthy finale.

0 comments:

Post a Comment