Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Obsidian Review

335 pages

Starting over sucks. When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up. And then he opened his mouth. Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. The hot alien living next door marks me. You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. If I don't kill him first, that is.

Review:
This was different concept yet an enjoyable book. The aliens in this novel aren't exactly what you would expect but they are also amazing in their own way. I loved the fact that the main character, Katy, is a book blogger. I feel like the author was in a way paying tribute to a lot of her readers and I respect that. Katy likes to stay in the background a lot but she is also an extremely strong character who speaks her mind and isn't afraid to stand up for herself. Daemon is the type of character who you can't help but love despite his cocky and arrogant attitude. The romance between Katy and Daemon is one of those love-hate relationships with an amazing intensity that you can feel while reading. There is a lot of excitement and adventure in this novel especially since there's a lot of danger from the alien's enemies. I absolutely cannot wait to read the next novel in this new series! I really enjoyed reading this book and I would definitely recommend it to those who like science fiction novels with hot aliens and amazing powers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment