Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Crossed Review

384 pages
In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake. Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

Review: 
I was not happy in the slightest with this second book in the Matched series. The whole novel was filled with internal musings not much action and just generally a storyline that I couldn't bring myself to care about. Basically nothing happens in this book at all. I am very disappointed with this book because I expected at least for something interesting to happen or some type of great plot development. I can't even tell the difference when the two main characters are narrating. I tried really hard to find something to like about this book but I was just left feeling confused and unsatisfied. I will read the third Matched novel when it comes out just to see if it improves but generally I can't recommend reading this book unless you want to continue the series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment